Things to do & places to visit in Berlin
Want to take the chance and spend some days in Germany’s lovely capital? Here’s some information on things to explore, places to visit and food to eat during your stay. You’ll find all of them collected in one list for making it easier for you to find them and get there. We’re glad to welcome you in Berlin and wish you a pleasant stay!
Start your day with good food!
- Smoothies, bread and cakes: Café Liebling Raumerstr. 36a, 10437 Berlin
- French pastries and great breakfast close to a little park: Café Fleury Weinbergsweg 20, 10119 Berlin
- Austrian specialities and cakes: Markettas Greisslerei Linienstr. 41, 10119 Berlin
- Homemade bread, avocado creme, great desserts: Restaurant Bastard Reichenberger Str. 122, 10999 Berlin
- Scrambled eggs, pancakes, homemade pastry: Beakers Dunckerstr. 69, 10437 Berlin
There’s lots of things to see in Berlin. The most famous (and tourist-attracting) ones may be Brandenburg Gate with Reichstag close to it, Alexanderplatz and Fernsehturm, Berlin’s Dome and EastSide Gallery. These and many more can also be found on this list curated by Lonely Planet.
For getting your own impression of the town, we recommend just walking around a little, e.g. around Linienstrasse in Berlin-Mitte, Bergmannstrasse in Berlin-Kreuzberg, or you walk (or grab something to drink and sit) by the canal at Paul-Lincke-Ufer in Neukölln.
Berlin’s famous for being one of the greenest capitals in the world. If you feel in need for some wide space, why not take a walk in one of the nice parks (some large ones are listed here) or just take some (new) friends with you and visit Tempelhofer Feld, Berlin’s former airport that is now a beautiful park.
Coffee, tea, cakes and sandwiches
- Home-roasted coffee, scones and cakes: The Barn Schönhauser Allee 8, 10119 Berlin or Auguststr. 58, 10119 Berlin
- Home-roasted coffee and cheesecake to die for: Five Elephant Reichenbergstr. 101, 10999 Berlin
- Awesome sandwiches, salads and cakes for the sweet tooth: Luigi Zuckermann Rosenthaler Str. 67, 10119 Berlin
- Pastrami, Matseball Soup, fabulous Barbecued Brisket: Mogg & Melzer Auguststr. 11-13, 10117 Berlin
- Swedish bakery: Café Valentin Sanderstr. 13, 12047 Berlin
Vegetarian & vegan food
Berlin offers a wide range of meals, coffee specialities and cakes for vegetarians and vegans, even most “normal” cafés serve coffee with soy milk. Places for more than coffee:
- Burritos (normal and decent vegan ones): Dolores Rosa-Luxemburg-Str. 7, 10178 Berlin
- Bagels, vegan cakes and coffee specialities (vegan-only): Café Vux Wipperstr. 14, 10255 Berlin
- Organic breakfast & lunch: Goodies Warschauer Str. 69, 10243 Berlin
- Cozy place with vegetarian & vegan food: Café Morgenrot Kastanienallee 85, 10435 Berlin
For a proper meal after a long day in town, try one of these locations:
- Simple, tasty food and nice salads: EINS Eichendorffstr. 1, 10115 Berlin
- Great food, lovely place: noto Torstr. 173, 10115 Berlin
- Delicious meals, fair prices, friendly service: Altes Europa Gipsstr. 11, 10119 Berlin
- For typical German kitchen and Schnitzel go to: Schwarzwaldstuben Tucholskystr. 48, 10117 Berlin
If you love a good burger, visit one of these which we, after intensive review, state as our favourites:
- All-organic food, including meat and homemade fries and delicious sauces: Fräulein Burger Koppenplatz 1, 10115 Berlin
- Juicy burgers (if you’re in the mood: try the one with lamb and mint!): Tartane Torstr. 225, 10115 Berlin
- Really hot chili cheese burgers, and if you love cheese, try “3-Käse-Hoch” with 3 kinds of cheese: Berlin Burger International Pannierstr. 5, 12047 Berlin
Want to have some drinks and relax in the evening? Try one of these bars close to our venue:
- Quirky cocktail bar with nice terrace: Volksbar Rosa-Luxemburg-Str. 39, 10178 Berlin
- Decent cocktails, great atmosphere: Cocktailbar Reingold Novalisstr. 11, 10115 Berlin
- Good music, great spot to hang out with people: Pony Bar Alte Schönhauser Str. 44, 10119 Berlin
- Oldschool local bar serving their own beer: Gaststätte W. Prassnik Torstr. 65, 10119 Berlin
- Sixties retro-look-bar: Muschi Obermaier Torstr. 151, 10115 Berlin
- Hip and cool but really nice place: Neue Odessa Bar Torstr. 89, 10119 Berlin
- Amazing selection of Belgian beers: Herman Schönhauser Allee 173, 10119 Berlin
- Whisky and black and white movies on the wall: 8mm Bar Schönhauser Allee 177b, 10437 Berlin
Have a great stay in Berlin!